How to be holy!!!
Already this morning I was tested big time. This is what I wrote on Facebook.
Well….the devil tried again to ruin my day and by the grace of God I’m laughing….laughing hard so I won’t blow my top #$%#$%%!!! There I was combing my hair when all of sudden the toilet started making loud noises. As I stared down that hole of loud bubbling water with an inquiring stare, my attention was brought to my shower….oh my God!!! The shower was backing up with vengeance with all kinds of yuck floating around. The plumber will be here between 10 and noon so there goes my plans to go to church. Oh by the way it did stop before it overflowed in my bathroom and Bob’s. Oh yes his toilet and shower were threatening to do the same thing…..I’m going shopping when this is over….look out Nordie here I come.
So, here I am sitting at my computer licking my wounds with “JOY” in my heart because I am not angry….I am not crying…I am not letting this incident rob my joy.
So I don’t get to go shopping. Bob had to take our grandson to his football game. He left at 10:00 and won’t be home until 2:00. so far…no Mass and no shopping.
These are my disappointments for today….
1. I was not able to go to church….I love going to Mass on Sundays and was looking forward to hearing one of my favorite Jesuits give a homily.
2. Also my plan….the operate word is “my” was to go shopping afterwards and to treat myself to lunch at Nordstrom’s,
3. Then at 2:00 go see “The Story of my Life!”
Here’s what I’m thankful for:
1. Because I did not go to church I was here to receive a call from a dear friend that I’m not heard from in a long time. That’s a blessing I did not expect. Grace of God for sure.
2. The plumber arrived at 10:30 and assures me he’ll have it in working order before the day is over.
3. He will be able to tell me how extensive the work will be soon. It may be that they just have to clean out of our pipes for about $1400.00 Or it could involve the major work of replacing the sewer line from our house to the city’s line for about $6,000.00…… No matter what I’m grateful we have the money to pay for all of this and am especially grateful for Bob’s reaction …whatever needs to be….NEEDS TO BE DONE!!! So be it!!!
The plumber is digging up the section in front of my porch. I’m praying he doesn’t have to destroy my brick porch to get to the sewer line, however it’s going to take at least another hour or 2 to dig in the very hard clay soil we have that’s been planted and has thousands of roots to dig through. So I have to leave not knowing what I’ll find when I get home.
4. I’m thankful that I still get to see “The Story of My Life.” Bob agreed that I should leave at 1:15 no matter what and he’ll get here as soon as he can.
5. Grateful that I’m able to stay calm. Grateful that I had some delicious left overs for lunch.
So for me this whole experience is a holy one. It’s an opportunity to experience the grace of God. It’s an opportunity to focus on the good stuff that is happening. I’m also looking forward to the awarenesses that will be reveal to me as the day goes on.
Already I’m amazed and grateful for my ability to act instead of react. I prayed, looked in the phone book and found the perfect plumber. I’m grateful for Bob’s support and encouragement that all is well. And….this company “The Rooter” guarantees their work unconditionally.
That’s it for now…..stay tuned.
“Remember to feed your Soul” and….know that God loves you more than you can imagine. Give Him/Her the opportunity to show you.